Wednesday 9 May 2018

Vegan Foul Mudammas

Hi!

I have been missing in action due to working, and seeing friends before going to Norway to visit my family tomorrow! I haven't been since last August, so I am quite excited about seeing everyone again!
I manage to fit in a school reunion, national Norway day, Eurovision and a trip to Oslo! It will be so good *smiles*

So I thought I would post a recipe that I have slightly tweaked, and also this time I got a better photo. This is an Egyptian dish and it simply melts in the mouth! Have it as part of a mezze, or with toasted pitta - you wont be disappointed!

When I spoke to the owners of an Egyptian restaurant here in Glasgow, they said - the secret is lots of garlic and butter! But who says that can't be vegan butter?

Vegan Foul Mudammas
(Serves 2)


Ingredients

2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne
Pinch of smoked paprika
Dash of salt
4 tbsp tomato puree
50ml water
400g can butter beans
50g vegan spread
Handful fresh coriander, chopped - to garnish

- Start by heating the oil in a frying pan and sautee the onion for about five minutes. Add garlic and cook for a further minute, stirring continuously.

- Now add your spices and stir until fragrant, before tipping in the tomato puree, water and beans. Stir until you have a smooth blend and heat through.

- Finally, add the vegan butter and stir until it is fully incorporated, mash lightly with a masher - you want to see some of the beans in the end! stir in half the coriander. Toast some pita bread and serve with the remaining coriander on top!

I hope you are well, and forever trying new recipes! What has been your favourite recently?


Anyway, I will be checking in again in just over a week's time, until then <3

xox J

4 comments:

  1. Ahh! So exciting! I want to hear all about going back to Norway. Take lots of photos so I can travel through you! :)
    Also, delete that salty comment above. How rude and totally untrue. Your blog brings me joy! I love seeing what you are cooking in your house, and reading what you are doing in your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi luv!
      Haha yeah I’m trying to take as many photos as possible. I’m just en route to Oslo now! And yeah, that comment has been removed - thanks for your support <3

      Delete
  2. Åååh kos deg i Norge, med venner og familie og 17-mai <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen takk Ragnhild! Var med litt familie i går og tok det helt piano egentlig 😊 håper du hadde en fin feiring også ❤️

      Delete