Sunday 29 April 2018

Lemon & Cardamom Scones

Hello again!

I hope you are having a lovely evening so far! We've had a pretty chilled one, I've done some baking and make this recipe again which I absolutely adore. Back in Norway, cardamom is often used in sweet pastries and so when I came across these scones - I knew I had to make them!

The recipe makes six small scones, so you might want to double it up if you have friends coming over. These would be perfect to make on a morning when you have some extra time.... May day is coming up, treat yourself!

Lemon & Cardamom Scones
(Makes 6 small scones)

Ingredients
225g flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tbsp caster sugar
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
Pinch of salt
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp lemon juice
125ml plant milk (I used soy vanilla) + extra for brushing

- Start by pre-heat the oven to 160C (140C fan).

- In a baking bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together, along with the lemon zest.

- Then, make a well in the middle of your mix and pour in the milk, followed by lemon juice. Stir to combine, without over-working it. Now, divide into six scones, place on a baking paper clad tray, and brush with milk. Bake for 18-20 minutes until slightly golden in colour.


You can serve these plain with vegan butter spread, jams and the like! I hope you enjoy them :)

Yesterday Kev and I went to see Avengers: Infinity War - aaaaaand it was pretty darn good! There are so many characters in it now though, I got a little bit confused. Then we went to Nanakusa for sushi and other tasty dishes, yum....

I hope you have a great new week ahead!


Original recipe here.

2 comments:

  1. 6 small scones? I think I would devour them all in one sitting!!
    I am not too into superhero movies, so I don't plan on seeing that one. I get confused just watching the avengers! But I have been hearing good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would probably have to quadruple the recipe then, hah! 😃
      Oh yes I was confused sometimes during the film too, but I enjoy the Marvel movies 😊 there are a few others coming out that I want to see too though 😃

      Delete