This might be one of the best toast topping or side to accompany antyhing this Winter! Maybe as tapas? The tomatoes are packed with vitamin C, garlic is super good for you, and honey is anti flammatory. Now how about THAT?
I made this one of the days when I was packed with pharyngitis, and just needed to make the most out of a little. I used a little extra oil then in the original recipe, as well as honey, cause I was afraid it wouldn't stretch!
Honey & Garlic Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
500g cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp + 1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 1/2 tbsp runny honey (syrup for vegan)
2 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped
Salt and black pepper
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 190C.
- Now, pour 2 tbsp oil into a baking dish and make sure it is spread all over the base.
- Halve the tomatoes and place them cut side up.
- Mix the remaining oil, honey and garlic in a small bowl. Spread over the tomatoes, and then sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 30 minutes until tender and juicy.
- Serve on fancy bruscetta, or as an accompaniment!
Veg Everyday, p. 343