Saturday 20 January 2018

Vegan Choco-Banana Iced Latte

Good evening and happy Saturday!

Today has been busy busy and I have made some vegan sushi, as well as a vegan spread - both recipes from a Norwegian (or Norvegan should I say :P) vegan website, where you see the pictures and you just want to make everything all at once!

However, I decided to share a quick and delicious pick-me-up coffee recipe, I came up with this myself when I wanted to experiment. Do you remember those foamy chocolate covered banana sweets you get? I lived right next to a chocolate factory as a child, and the days they were making these chocolate bananas the air just smelt..... amazing!! Anywhoooo - now that I am trying to go vegan (and even as a vegetarian) I haven't come across any vegan chocobananas, sigh... BUT somehow adding a banana to my iced latte magically, despite not adding chocolate, tastes JUST like those sweets! When I discovered this I was in awe, and slightly proud one of my experiments actually turned out decent! I have many strange failures in the kitchen behind me, and probably more to come.

Without any further ado.... here you are!

Vegan Choco-Banana Iced Latte


(PS, I have gone over to using re-usable straws now!)

Ingredients
1 espresso shot (usually I use about 1 1/2 tsp instant coffee + 3 tbsp boiling water)
3-4 ice cubes
1 banana, torn into pieces
250ml vanilla soy milk

- Make the espresso first, transfer to a mixer and then tip in the ice cubes to allow it to cool whilst you get the milk. Add the banana and then fill up with milk - Wroom, wroom - and there you have it! It's really that simple!

Please try it and let me know what you think! I still ponder how the chocolate flavour gets in there... It will forever remain a mystery, ha!

The other day, my sister and I checked out a charity shop at random - and they had a painting that we had a copy of in the dining room as children! My mum actually still has it. I nearly ended up buying it, but at the moment I'm still waiting to start my job - so I saved the £15 and just use it as a background on my mobile phone instead....

Turkish Cafe - August Macke, I just love these vibrant colours - makes me feel like I am on holiday!

And here are the things I made today!


Roast Aubergine and plum sushi, and I added some cucumber to some of them as well - SO tasty!


And this is "mockerel" in tomato sauce! I'm trying to find other things rather than hummous to have on my toast in the morning, over the past three years there has been a lot of hummous... and I just want to mix it up!

I also tried tempeh that I got from the health shop today - but that really wasn't to my taste.... But that's OK, I still have a full tray of sushi that needs polished off! Yarr!

Have you had any culinary adventures this week?

I hope you have a fandabbydosey weekend!

xox J

2 comments:

  1. Dette hørtes godt ut. Jeg har aldri drukket kaffe som drikke, men jeg synes kaffe-smaken er nydelig i ting. Elsker både lukten og smaken :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denne er ganske mild på smak 😊 kan alltids kjøpe koffeinfri kaffe og bruke for smaken sin del 😃 x

      Delete