Thursday 18 January 2018

Turkish Kisir

I thought I would share a little colourful number, courtesy of Yotam Ottolenghi! My cousin gave me this book one christmas, and every. single. recipe. I have tried have been amazing!

Ready? Let's do this!

Turkish Kisir (Serves 4 as a starter, or serve as part of a mezze)


Ingredients

2 onions, finely chopped
100ml olive oil
2 tbsp tomato purée
4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
125ml water
400g bulghur wheat, dry
1 1/2 tsp pomegranate syrup (or use agave)
1 tbsp lemon juice
6 tbsp chopped parsley
3 Spring onions, finely chopped (+ extra to serve)
2 green chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
Seeds from 1 medium pomegranate
A handful of chopped mint leaves
Salt and black pepper


- In a medium size casserole, heat up the oil and add the onions. Sauté on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Then add your tomato purée, and stir for about 2 minutes. Now, you can tip in your tomatoes, and cook for a further 4 minutes. Add the water and leave to boil - then turn off the heat and stir in the bulghur.

- Now, add your syrup, lemon juice, parsley, Spring onion, chilli, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper.

- Plate up, and scatter the pomegranate seeds across, along with a drizzle of oil and some extra mint and Spring onions.

I hope you love this as much as I did! It's fantastic to bring to work for lunch as well, and it is packed full of flavour! I even had this for breakfast to be honest ^ ^

This week has been pretty slow, but good... I have played badminton twice, hung out with Kev and lil fluffy Alphonse, as well as having my sister over - staying up all night chatting and watching rubbish TV. Today she and I even braved the weather and went for a long walk - it was refreshing!

And guys - the weekend is just around the corner!

Have you got plans? I only know Kev and I are going to this nifty little place to eat, and then? Improvise!

I hope you have a good one!

xox J


No comments:

Post a Comment