Wednesday 18 April 2018

Pistachio & Rose Loaf Cake

So, tonight I had to use the shoe horn to fish out my wireless mouse that Alphonse had been playing with, haha! What even!

The other week I had a charity bake night with some of my friends, and it was a success! I got asked a couple of times "Are all these vegan?" - and they were indeed,not the people; but the cakes and scones and that! I am so pleased it was a success *smiles*
The favourite of the night was this pistachio and rose cake - which is exactly why I wanted to share this recipe with you! Because we use a bunch of ground pistachios, the cake is a little dense, but it is supposed to be! And it is even pretty healthy too! I only added icing sugar to the icing as the original was a little too.... meh for me, and it worked great!

Pistachio & Rose Loaf Cake


Ingredients:
125g ground pistachios
70g oats - ground
40g flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
A good pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cardamom
120ml vegan yoghurt (I jused Alpro coconut)
80ml maple of agave syrup

For the frostings:
Pink:

75g cashews
60ml milk
2 tbsp maple or agave syrup
100g icing sugar
1/2 tsp pink food colouring
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp rose water (be very careful with this!)

White:
100g icing sugar
Just enough lemon juice
A tiny bit of soy or almond milk

To decorate:
Chopped pistachios

- Start by pre-heating your oven to 180C.

- In a large bowl,mix all the dry ingredients for the cake. Then, make a well in the middle, and add your yoghurtand syrup. Stir well to combine, then tip into a lightly oiled loaf tin. Bake for 35-40 minutes.

- Allow to cool slightly before popping it out of the mould. Then cool completely before decorating it! Have all the ingredients for the pink frosting in a blender and whizz until smooth (Add more icing sugar if necessary). Drizzle generously over the cake. Then, mix the remaining 100g of icing sugar with juice of 1/4 lemon and just enough milk to get a lush white frosting, drizzle this across the white to create that pink-zebra look!

- Decorate with chopped pistachios and you are ready to serve up this cake! I daresay you could even have a slice for breakfast if you wanted!


What is your favourite nutty cake? I'd love to hear it!

And I hope you are having a great week so far! I just finished up my working week today, but I have a tight schedule for the rest of the week, running errands and going to an Escape Room for the first time - yay! :D

Have a good evening!

xox J

Original recipe here

2 comments:

  1. Så flink du er!! Det er gøy når andre blir veldig overrasket over at det som serveres er vegansk OG godt! Må si dette er en veldig vakker kake, så flotte farger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen takk :) Ja vet du, noen trodde at jeg hadde brukt "vanlige" ingredienser, som jeg forsåvidt har, men med en tvist vettu ;) Blir så glad når de spør om oppskrift! Glasuren ble jeg også veldig fornøyd med. Håper du har en fortreffelig aften søte du! <3

      Delete