Monday 15 January 2018

5 Ingredient Vegan Fluffy Pancakes

Good evening!

I'm just back from badminton this fine evening - and I had a blast! And because I will be slightly hyped up for the next hour or two, I thought I'd pop by here and share a little sweet treat with you!

My sister was over earlier, and so I thought I'd rattle up something a little extra - and it was a success!

It's probably the easiest pancakes I have ever made to be fair....

5 Ingredient Vegan Fluffy Pancakes (Makes about 8 medium or 4 large ones)


Ingredients

1 cup plain or self-raising flour (use wholemeal if you prefer)
1 cup yogurt (I used plain Alpro Soy)
1 cup plant milk of choice (Soy Vanilla is what I used)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp coconut oil for frying

To serve: Anything you want! We had layers of redcurrant jelly (a childhood favourite as my grandmother used to make home made redcurrant jelly and diluted juice when we were children!) along with a dollop of the yogurt, and frozen berries. But really just serve them with lemon juice and sugar, any jam, or syrup!

- Start by mixing the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add in the milk and yogurt and stir well to combine. Let it sit for ten minutes, before heating coconut oil in a non stick frying pan. Dollop half-ladlefuls of the mixture and allow to cook a few minutes on each side until golden. They will start bubbling on the surface when they are ready to turn. Repeat (without adding more coconut oil) until the batter is used up.

Serve with your favourite toppings, and tuck in!

This was originally a Pinterest recipe but it is very easy to adapt and I just wanted to share with you what I made of it *smiles*

I hope you have had an amazing day despite it apparently being Blue Monday!

xox J

No comments:

Post a Comment