Tuesday 6 February 2018

The BEST Vegan Brownies

.....yup - or the best ever brownies I have ever made anyway! And to quote Kev "Why did you do this to me, woman?!" when he tried a slice and reached for another one as soon as the first one had disappeared, hehe!

Cut them into small pieces as these are moreish - but rich! Also... a good excuse to have two slices ^ ^ The original recipe can be found here

In the meantime, give this a go - you wont regret it!

The BEST Vegan Brownies (Makes 1 square pan)


Ingredients
1 + 1 cups of flour (I used 1 cup plain and 1 cup self-raising)
1 cup water
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar (I substituted this for coconut sugar)
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup neutral oil (I used sunflower)
1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips (I used Moo-Free)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

- In a medium sized pan, have a cup of water and 1 cup of the flour on low heat. Stir constantly until you have a gluey sort of paste, take it off the heat and let it cool. This only took me about 3-5 minutes.

- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.

- Now, in a bowl, mix all your dry ingredients apart from the flour and chocolate chips, and stir well to combine. Make a well in the middle and tip in your water-flour mixture, oil, and vanilla extract. THEN add the second cup of flour Stir until you have a really thick dough like consistency - this takes a bit of muscle, but it's worth it!

- Now, fold in the chocolate chips (and nuts, if using), make sure they are evenly distributed - then, line a square baking pan, and tip in the dough. Pat down firmly with your hands (I found this the easiest!) and place in the middle of the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Leave to cool slightly, before cutting into ooey-gooey pieces of chocolate goodness!

So today, Kev and I are travelling to Prague! I have been wanting to go ever since I read the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series - which takes place in Prague, amongst other magical places!
So yesterday, when I was doing up the bed in the guest bedroom (my sister is a champion and is going to look after Alphonse and house sit ^ ^ ), new sheets and everything - this little rascal quickly claimed it as his own.

Just look at that smug lil' face!

Anyway, I hope you are having a lovely week so far! I'll be taking some photos whilst we're away that I miiiiight just share with you once we return!

Until then - eat cake, and be merry!

xox J

No comments:

Post a Comment