Thursday 22 August 2013

Avocado & Apple Shake

Here's another little shake combination for you all! Avocado with apple! You can taste both of them, but the avocado not too much, it's surprisingly sweet considering the honey and apple are the only sweetners in this, but I suppose the almond milk contributes a little bit too!

Avocado & Apple Shake
(Serves 2, about 220 calories each)


1 avocado, about 150g when peeled
1 apple, peeled and cut into chunks
100ml almond milk
1 tbsp honey

- Have the apple, almond milk and honey in a blender.

- Remove the stone from the avocado, scoop out the flesh and add it to the mix. Blend until you have a smooth shake, you can add a little water if you think it is too thick. I ate mine with a spoon as a sort of light mousse!

Super healthy, and super delicious! You can maybe try and make your own twist to the recipe. Cocoa powder sprung to mine, but I have yet to try that!

I could only eat so much after dinner that day, and so I froze the rest for avocado-apple quick fixes for some other day!


Oh, and as if seeing Regina Spektor the other night wasn't enough, guess who came to play a wee set in the local CD shop in Glasgow!


That's right, Andy and Fran from Travis! I got my album signed too, but unfortunately the security people mucked up when they took a photo of me with them, so it was all blurry, boo! BUT the guys were lovely, and I have actually met them before, seven years ago in Norway, where I told them I'd move to Scotland. I told Fran quickly that I'd done it, and he seemed mighty chuffed, and asked if I liked it here! I hardly got a chance to answer though, as the security tried to keep a tight schedule. So I answered as quickly as I could, with a big smile on my face "Yes! It's good" That's five years I've been living here now... Wowser!


Five years back in time, I would never ever even have dreamed of getting to see two of my favourite bands/singers in two days!

Thanks for the show guys, and for being ever-inspiring!


Original source:
Friske Vegetariske Oppskrifter Basert på Salgssuksessen "Frisk av Mat", p. 129

- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment