A friend of mine who I used to work with, but whom sadly had to quit recently due to moving to San Francisco soon (poor soul....OK, slightly jealous here!) sent me this recipe for me to try out. I've never cooked cauliflower before, but my this was tasty!
Cauliflower Curry Fritters with Minty Yogurt Dip
(Makes 8, 86 calories per fritter. Serves 4, 245 calories including yogurt dip)
1 cauliflower, cut into small florets
4 tbsp plain flour
1 bunch coriander
1 bunch parsley
1 tbsp mild curry powder (I miiight have used a little more *angeleyes*)
Pinch of chilli
Salt to taste
Sunflower oil for frying
500 ml natural yogurt
1 bunch mint, finely chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt to taste
- Boil the cauliflower in salted water until softens, for about 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the herbs, and mix together the dip. Set in the fridge to cool until serving.
- Drain off the water of the cauliflower and mash as best you can, just so it is a little less chunky. Add the flour, eggs, spices and herbs and mix well to a batter.
- Heat a tbsp of sunflower oil in a frying pan, and dollop two tablespoons' worth of the mixture in, you can probably make two or three at a time. They spread out a little bit during frying though, so make sure they've got enough space. Fry for a few minutes on each side until golden.
- Once cooked, place on paper towel to let it soak up the excess oil.
- Serve with the dip and garnish with a few mint leaves, they taste good without the dip as well, mmm!
Dear, sweet Ela!