Friday 5 January 2018

Vegan Banana & Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Good evening good people!

Today I thought I would post a little sweet treat up for you - recipe courtesy of Blue Cross for Pets. I hosted a little charity evening last year and these went down a treat! Last time I had a clothes swap I also made these, and there were none left by the time they'd scuttled home.


These a vegan, and not dry! I have tried a few vegan cake recipes and usually 50% of the time it works - I have got to practise a little bit more, and collect my absolute favourites: these cupcakes are definitely up there!


Vegan Banana & Peanut Butter Cupcakes - Makes 16


Ingredients
240 self-raising flour
140g golden caster sugar
1/2 salt
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
240g egg-free mayonnaise such as May-O
2 large or 3 small ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
25g (or 50g) vegan dark chocolate chip

For the icing
80g vegan margarine
250g icing sugar
25ml vegan milk (I usually use vanilla soy, oat or almond milk)
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter

- Pre-heat the oven to 170C or 150C fan.

- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and bicarbonate of soda. Make a well in the middle and tip in mashed bananas, the mayonnaise, and vanilla extract. Stir well to combine and the swirl the chocolate chips through.

- Spoon mixture into cupcake cases and place in the middle of the oven, and bake for about 20 minutes.

- When the cupcakes are done, let them cool a little and then mix all the icing ingredients together until you have a smooth, lush texture, ice the cupcakes whichever way you like! Add sprinkles if you want, and serve!

These will keep in an airtight container for two days, buuuut I doubt they'll last that long!

What is your favourite vegan cupcake recipe? I would love some more inspiration!

I just came back from a long walk here in Glasgow, walked through Kelvingrove Park and around a few neighbour hoods that I have lived in the past. Certainly builds up an appetite! Time for dinner in a bit, yum!

Have a lovely evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment