Panic... Because - I had bought ALL the ingredients minus.... yeast. But if only I knew I needn't worry about it, for once I got back home I did a quick search and BOOM! Yeast free pizza dough... And you know what? It was the shizz!
Topped with pizza sauce (or in our case pasta tomato and roast pepper sauce which was SO good!) and some delicious mushrooms and Gruyere - this here pizza was safe to say a hit, phew....
The Best Panic Pizza I Ever Made
For the dough:
2 1/2 cups (350g) plain flour
2 3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
3/4 - 1 cup (170-225 ml) water
Home made pizza sauce or ready-made tomato and red pepper sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlice cloves, finely chopped
175g mushrooms, sliced
175g Gruyere cheese, grated
Salt and pepper
Flat leaf parsley (optional... I think I left it out or used basil instead!)
- Start by making the dough! Tip the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl and mix. Make a well in the middle and pour in the oil and then the water (start with 3/4 cup ie 170ml to prevent too sticky a dough). Stir well and then get your hands in there! Knead well for a few minutes and once it has come properly together get it out on a floured surface and continue until nice and stretchy - shouldn't take long! *smiles* Cover up in clingfilm and rest.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Now, Fry the mushrooms in the oil and with the garlic. Make sure they release the juice and they dry up a little, you don't want soggy pizza... Just. no.
- Once the mushrooms are done, it's putting-together time! Rollout the dough and place on a baking tray, top with pizza sauce, mushrooms parsley or basil (if using) cheese, salt and pepper. Place in the oven and back for about 15-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the bread is baked through.
- Cool slightly before serving... I know it's difficult, cause those garlic mushrooms will already get your tastebuds wanting a piece of this!
Anyway, sorry for taking so long, it has been a busy few weeks with work, college and a little trip to Amsterdam! It was really lovely! We had a great time and got to see some of the sights the city has to offer.
Today, Kev and I went to Maison de Moggy - a Cat Cafe! It was really exciting, and they even had three Norwegian Forest Cats! Getting to sip on a cappuccino and eating cake in between petting cats were amaaazing!
There was also a super cute little Sphinx cat there who was crazy for cake, and the set up they had with the climbing paths and "bed stairs" were amazing! Maybe in the future we can get some wee cats ^ ^ plus a dog of course! Animals keep us sane :)
Anyway, I hope you have been well and good! Been up to much, or got anything planned for Halloween or both? Ever been to a cat cafe or a different cafê of sorts?
PS if you want to see more updates from my day-today life, travelling, study and other such things plus shenanigans - you can find me on Instagram as WolfcatNonsheeple
Original recipes by:
1 Bunn, 100 Pizzaer