Wednesday 10 April 2013

Cauliflower Soup

Just a little recipe for cauliflower soup. You can vary this and add different seasonings. Under the recipe I#ve written what additions I made to my bowl of soup. Simple, adjustable, and tasty!

Cauliflower Soup
(Serves 3 as a main, 4 as a starter, about 110 or 85 calories each)



1 cauliflower, about 700 g, cut into small florets
600 ml boiling water
1-2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped, or 1 tsp garlic paste
1-2 tbsp soy sauce
1-2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
100 ml skimmed milk

- Boil up water and add the cauliflower, cover and cook for about 15 minutes until the cauliflower is soft. Take out a few florets if you want to use them as decoration when serving.

- Add seasoning and the soy sauce and use a stick blender to make a nice smoothe soup, add the milk and season more to taste. If the soup is too think for your liking, add a bit more water and heat through.

Serve with good crusty bread, and enjoy!

Try - You can also swirl a tablespoon of basil pesto through your soup, that's what I did the second time around.



With the third bowl, I added a little thyme, more soy sauce and onion powder, which was delicious! This one was my favourite I think, what's yours?

Original source:
http://www.kriweb.no/2012/03/08/varm-suppe-i-kaldt-vaer/

- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment