Saturday 28 June 2014

Sloppy Joe's Hummous Dip

A short and sweet post this Saturday after noon, perfect to bring to parties! This recipe is posted upon request from a couple of people who came to our flat-warming a while back. A bag of tortilla chips and a bowl of guacamole - and you're good to go!

I wanted to make a barbecue style hummous, I looked through my recipes and then I came across the Sloppy Joe's dish I have made previously. I skimmed through the ingredient list, did a few tweakings depending on what I had in the fridge and the cupboard, and then the Sloppy Joe's hummous was made!

Sloppy Joe's Hummous Dip
(Makes 1 big bowl)


400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
A good squeeze ketchup
A good squeeze tomato puree
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp dried basil
A pinch of cayenne pepper
A good splash Worcestershire sauce (NB! Might not be vegetarian)
1/3 tsp liquid smoke
Salt and pepper to taste

Tortilla chips and guacamole to serve

- Simply whizz everything in a food processor or with a stick blender, and serve with tortilla chips!

Will you be partying it up tonight, or perhaps watch the World Cup? I wanted to go camping again today, but I think I'm going to put it on hold for another week or so ^ ^ City adventures and some studying awaits! I hope you have a good one!


Recipe by yours truly,

- Jules

4 comments:

  1. That looks great! I love making interesting hummus flavors at home, this definitely sounds like one to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just happy it turned out good! Sometimes trying to improvise in the kitchen can be a bit nerve-wrecking, but it worked! Sloppy Joe-anythings are tasty :) Thanks! x

      Delete
  2. Mm så godt! Så artig med en annen vri på hummusen- selv om vanlig hummus i seg selv også er supergodt! Elsker fargen!
    Håper du har en fin dag. Her er der bare to timer igjen til avreise i fra oslo. Gruerer meg, samtidig som det skal bli godt å komme tilbake til stille rolige Valdres :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God kveld, god kveld søte deg!
      Tusen takk for gode ord :) Er veldig fan av vanlig hummus jeg også, men av og til liker jeg og prøve meg på andre varianter (lokalbutikken sin piri piri hummus er av en annen verden!). Denne var en stor hit blant spanjolene på festen :)
      Håper du og gutten din kom dere vel hjem! x

      Delete