Sunday 2 December 2012

Havremakroner med Rosiner - Oat Macaroons

...with raisins! Although, I would describe them more as flapjack bites. They are delicious, and usually made without raisins (only heaven knows why!).

Havremakroner med Rosiner - Oat Macaroons
(Makes about 24 small ones - about 70-75 calories each)



90 g/3 dl oats
125 g butter (I use Flora light)
125 g sugar
3 tbsp water
1 1/2 dl raisins (about 50 g)
100 g/3 dl plain flour
1 tsp baking powder

- Melt the butter and pour over the oats into a baking bowl, then stir in the other ingredients. You should end up with a sticky mixture that you can shape balls with.

- Pre-heat the oven to about 175°C. On a baking paper clad tray, use two teaspoons to shape little balls out of the batter, OR use your hands. My mixture was not that wet, so I just used my hands, worked just fine!

- Place in the middle of the oven and bake until golden, 15-20 minutes. These need a little longer than the coconut macaroons because they are quite solid with all the oats. They come out lovely and chewy though!

I hope you enjoy!

Original source:
As previous recipe, my dearest mormor, of granny if you like! I'm trying to take most of the recipes I use for the christmas biscuits from an old recipe books of hers. How beautiful is the handwriting?!

- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment