Saturday 25 October 2014

Maple Marzipan

I could not help myself from making these lovely little marzipan creations whenever I spotted them over at Rose's blog. Being a big fan of marzipan, I was instantly intrigued and a few days later, I made them before I went to work.

These don't taste like the sugar-laden marzipan in the shops, but have more of an almondy flavour, as marzipan should have. I halved the portion since I was only making them for myself as a tester, but I will post the full recipe, which will make enough for four pieces - the perfect homemade gift for that marzipan-loving friend of yours (we all have one..at least!) or for yourself, it works a treat along with a good cuppa!

Maple Marzipan
(Makes 4)


1 cup ground almonds
1 tbsp maple syrup (or agave)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

4 pear or apple stalks

Food colouring (I used cornflour + turmeric for a slightly yellow colour, and cornflour + paprika powder for coating, but they gave off a slightly savoury taste, so maybe use natural food colouring and mix in with the almond mixture if you have it!)

- Simply mix the almonds, maple syrup and vanilla together (and food colouring, if using) in a cup or a bowl. I used the back of a spoon, and worked it for a good few minutes until it all stuck together and made a dough.


- Divide into four pieces and shape into whatever sort of fruit or vegetable you want.


If you're not eating these immediately, refrigerate them until serving. They will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge. Not a very tricky treat - but still so delicious!

I hope you are having a great weekend! Any plans? I myself was in work making filled chocolates yesterday, and I'll be working the rest of the weekend too, but I don't mind as I had two days off earlier in the week. Hopefully, I'll get time to carve out the pumpkin I got the other week tonight, we'll see!


Original source:
http://www.thecleandish.com/marzipan-cake-pops-a-love-letter-raw-grain-free-gluten-free-vegan-refined-sugar-free/

- Jules

6 comments:

  1. Ooh yum! Those are just so adorable, you did an awesome job shaping those! :D I love marzipan, but I've never made it...perhaps someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Most of the credit goes to the pear stalks I used for them though, make them look pretty convincing, as far as marzipan shapes go anyway, haha :)
      This was super simple, so if you have some ground almonds in the cupboards, just whip up a batch of these :) x

      Delete
  2. Disse små bitene er altså så søte. Både å se på og å spise ;) som du sier; perfekt som gave. Alle blir glad for hjemmelaget, laget med kjærlighet og gode ingredienser ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takker ydmykt Ragnhild ^ ^ Disse var gøy og lage altså! :D God mandag! xx

      Delete
  3. Jules, these look fantastic!! I'm super glad you liked them!
    I think carrot powder would be perfect for the pumpkins but I didn't have any. I only used a tiny bit of paprika in mine so I couldn't really taste it but I did enjoy the turmeric flavor on the pears! Good job, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh why thank you m'dear :D T'was all thanks to your lovely recipe, so easy! I was a bit worried at first that there wasn't enough liquid, but the dough just needed to be worked a little bit, et voilâ! Super tasty! :D Gonna make more of this for sure ^ ^

      Delete