Sunday 22 July 2018

Easy Peasy Enchiladas

Guys, guys!

Right, so I have made this for the second time in a couple of weeks now - because I actually craved it so bad! As I have mentioned before, I am not a fan of eating the same all the time, and I try new recipes constantly! So it's a good sign when I want to make it again, and again...and again!

The only enchiladas I have ever made before was one of those kits you buy in a shop, and buy a few ingredients and throw together, but this is so easy to make - not to mention cheap! You wont miss the cheese, even I was surprised by that!

Easy Peasy Enchiladas
(Serves 2-3, or 5 as lunch served with a side salad)

This doesn't photograph well, but it tastes amazing! Like most comfort food, heh!

Ingredients

For the sauce:
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp plain flour
2-3 cups boiling water
1 small can passata (about 80ml)
1 tsp hot sauce (I mixed normal hot sauce and sriracha, yum!)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp salt

For the filling:
400g can black beans, drain and rinsed
400g corn, drained and rinsed
1 onion, finely chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 avocado, mashed
Handful coriander, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Small tortillas (both times for my oven proof dish, it's fit five filled tortillas)

- Start by making the sauce: Boil the water and set aside. In a medium pan, heat up the oil and stir in the flour, make sure it doesn't go lumpy. Now, stir continously as you pour in two cups of water. Make sure you have an smooth mixture, and tip in the passata, spices and hot sauce. Once thickened, take it off the heat and set aside.

- Pre-heat oven to 160-180C.

- Prepare all the ingredients for the filling in a bowl and stir well to combine.

- Take an ovenproof dish, and oil a little. Now fill the tortillas with 1 1/2-2 tbsp of the filling and roll up. Place with the edge underneath in the dish so it doesn't come undone. Repeat with remaining tortillas and pour over the sauce evenly.

- Place in the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes until cooked through, and it's time to tuck in!


Original recipe here.

I hope you have had a nice weekend! Mine has been super busy and sociable! I went to a hen-night last night, and today I kept my sister company as she was looking after two dogs. We went to the park and plop! Into the mud jumped two rebellious dogs! It was quite the site and I got covered in mud! But they were too cute to get angry with...
Last Friday I got my cover-up tattoo worked on a bit, and it is looking sa-weeeeet! Can't wait to get it finished, but I am a sissy and gotta book two hours at a time...

Anyway, I hope you have a crackin' start to a new week tomorrow! And if you try this recipe out, please let me know how you got on!

xox J

No comments:

Post a Comment