Thursday 1 December 2016

Divine Halloumi & Red Onion Pitta Breads

Pssst, you... I have a little secret for you.

That was the feeling I got when I bit into this pitta bread after one helluva long day in work! I felt sneaky, I looked at my boyfriend, it was mutual. This. is. awesome!

Ready? Here goes!

Divine Halloumi & Red Onion Pitta Breads
(Serves 2)


250g Halloumi, sliced thickly (about 8 pieces)
1 large red onion, sliced
2 pitta breads
Juice of 1 lime
3 bay leaves
1/4 tsp allspice
2/3 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil

For the dressing:
5 tbsp Greek yogurt
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped

- In a pan, start by heating the oil and add the red onions. Fry until they are super soft. Now add the bay leaves, allspice and pepper. Add a little bit more oil if necessary.

- Once the onions are done, add the lime juice - give it a good stir and scoop them to the side of the frying pan. Now add the halloumi slices. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. In the meantime, mix the garlic and Greek yogurt and set in a small bowl or ramekin until serving.Toast pitta breads, et voila!

- Take out the bay leaves, divide onions between pita breads, place the halloumi slices on top followed by the garlic dressing. And tuck in!


I hope you have had a nice start to the new month! These last few weeks has been tough, but I am hoping to bounce back over the weekend! Tomorrow it's college, and I am really excited about it!

Take it easy ;)

xox Jules


Original recipe: Spice it Up! p. 116

6 comments:

  1. Is that Chinese Checkers in the background? Perfect game to eat to :) This looks amazing! I used to pack everything I can on pita breads. Haven't been doing it in a while. Need to go out and buy some!!
    Hope you are having a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss, it is indeed! My boyfriend Kev beat me with ONE move to spare!
      You should definitely try this, it is sooo tasty! Thinking about making it again soon :) I'm good thanks! I quit my job as it was getting a bit too much. I hope you're well and getting ready for christmas Cathleen! xx

      Delete
    2. I can imagine! With school and such.
      No new posts? I want to keep up with your food adventures :)

      Delete
    3. I'm sorry! Last year was a bit hectic overall - so focused on reading more, but I keep making food! :D I'm glad I'm following you on Instagram and we keep in touch ^ ^

      Delete
  2. Hvordan går det med deg? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hei! Beklager at jeg har vaert saa stille Kristine! I fjor var ting litt hipp-som-happ! Men jeg foelger deg fortsatt paa Instagram, og kokkelerer som vanlig igjen :) Det tar bare saa mye planlegging og tid med bloggen, har derfor valgt og heller fokusere litt paa personlivet og lese mer :) Haaper alt staar bra til! :D xx

      Delete