Sunday 10 June 2018

Scrummy Aubergine Burgers

Hi all!

I hope you're having a lovely weekend so far! It seems forever since my last post, but life has been a little busy as of late! Today my dad is coming to visit, so that'll be awesome! I'm gonna bake some bread later on, as I am sure he will be famished after the journey....

But now - Let's talk burgers!

Normally I am not a fan of aubergine, but when cooked until soft, smokey and lush: I'm all for it!

Scrummy Aubergine Burgers
(Makes six smaller or four big burgers)


Ingredients
100g bulghur wheat, dry
250ml water
1 vegan stock cube
400g aubergine, cut into dice
2 tbsp oil (such as sunflower, where there is no prominent flavour)
60g walnuts
40g fresh spinach, chopped
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1 more vegan stock cube
1 small tsp cinnamon
100g quick-oats

To serve: buns, or pitta, lettuce or spinach leaves, salsa, or ketchup and vegan mayonnaise, etc! So much to choose from :D

- Start by cooking the bulghur wheat in the 250 ml water along with 1 stock cube.

- In the meantime, pre-heat the oven at 225C, and tip the chopped aubergine on a baking tray, drizzle with the oil and bake for about 30 minutes, at the halfway point, turn the pieces over.

- Dry-toast the walnuts lightly until aromatic, this shouldn't take more than a minute or two, then chop them roughly and set aside.

- Now, mix the cooked bulghur, aubergine, walnuts and spinach in a large bowl. Use a stick blender and blend until you have a rough mixture, then stir in the remaining stock, lemon, cinnamon, and oats - plus a little salt and pepper.

- Fry them in a little oil, until crisp and serve up with your favourite accompaniments!

I hope you enjoy these as much as I did! Have a fantasmical Sunday!

xox J


Original recipe from Kjøttfrie burgere <3

2 comments:

  1. I just brought home an eggplant! Now I know what to do woth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! I hope you enjoy Jeff! Let me know what you think 😊

      Delete