It's Sunday! Know what that means? It's a good day for baking! Here comes a recipe that is simple to make, it just takes a bit of patience waiting for them to get done, which means you can get other little bits and pieces done in the meantime, nifty, huh?
Love biscotti? Want to eat it with a cup of coffee say...every day? OK, maybe not eeeveryday, but you know what I mean... Well, I've got a secret for you - this chocolate biscotti here is virtually sugar-free and packed with protein! As it's baking in the oven, the room will be filled with the smell of delicious chocolate cake.
Perfect if you have some friends coming over and am not sure what to serve. Just get the coffee brewing, and take out a jar of these!
PS. These are crunchier if served at least a day after making them - perfect for dunkin'!
PPS. If you want to serve this as softer cake bites, just bake it for those first 18-20 minutes, and you're sorted ^ ^
Healthy Chocolate Biscotti
(Makes about 20 small ones, or 15 longer ones)
50g almond flour
25g chocolate protein powder
3-4 tbsp xylitol or brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
1 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
1 tbsp maple-, yacon-, or agave syrup
A handful of roughly chopped almonds or other nuts (I used a handful of whole cashews)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- In a baking bowl, mix together all the ingredients except from the nuts. Once the mixture is well combined, free of lumps, fold in the nuts.
- Grease a baking tray with any oil that doesn't hold much flavour, such as coconut oil or sunflower oil. Scoop the batter onto the tray in a long thick strip. Place the tray in the middle of the oven and bake for about 18-20 minutes.
- Now, turn down the oven to 100°C. Take out the tray and cut the biscotti diagonally. Flip each piece up on the side, and return to the oven for about an hour.
- Take out to cool and store in an airtight jar, or serve immediately alongside a good cuppa!
Mmmmm, I'm sitting here, cup in hand after a nice weekend, I've been drawing, and yesterday I was at a barbecue! That was lovely, and today, hmmm let's see... I've got my weekly shopping to do aaand I reckon I'll try and get some studying out of the way too. It's lovely outside though, so I reckon I might be distracted and head out for a few hours later on as well, heh. How has your weekend been?
Sunn & Sterk med Protein - Mat for Muskler, p. 113