Wednesday 11 April 2018

Delicious Korean Vegan Mince with Rice

From Italian-style to Korean-style!

Honestly I have already made this twice in less than two weeks, it is the ultimate comfort food and only takes about 20 minutes to make; the same amount of time it takes to cook your rice to perfection.

You might just love it...

Delicious Korean Vegan Mince with Rice
(Serves about 2-3 people)


Ingredients

1 tbsp sunflower oil
200 g vegan mince (I used Sainbury's own - it's delicious! You can use this from frozen)
3/4 cup white rice
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 Spring onions, finely chopped
1/2 tsp ginger (fresh or ground)
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp brown sugar
4 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp pepper flakes (or a quarter of a fresh red chilli, I seem to always have some that needs used up)
Sesame seeds to garnish

- Right, let's go! Start by cooking the rice as instructed on the packaging (I always rinse it three times, and also add a bit of oil and salt to the cooking water).

- Now, in a frying pan, turn the heat up to medium, add the sunflower oil, follower by the vegan mince and the garlic cloves. Cook until defrosted and heated through if using frozen, and make sure the garlic is nice and fragrant. Then add your Spring onions and cook for a few minutes.

- In the mean time, in a bowl - mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, pepper, pepper flakes and ginger and stir well to combine. When your mince mixture is done, pour this sauce over and fry so everything gets coated.

- Serve the mince over a nice bowl of rice and tuck in!

What's not to love? :D

So today I actually had to leave work because I was feeling really light headed and unwell... It might be the whole going back to work and it getting to me physically, but I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow as I have a few things I want to discuss anyway. Wish me luck!

Other than that I am just gonna try and recover as I am hosting a charity bake night for some girls on Saturday and I really need to be on the ball for that - there are so many things I have to make! But I am excited about it...

How about you? Have you had a good week so far? I really hope so!
Also, if you have any more Korean food inspiration, please feel free to share in the comments below!

xox J

Original recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment