Right, so tomorrow is going to be a BIG day for me... Because I will start college! It is part time, and it is going to be ace! The only way I can describe it is - first day of school, but all over again, and this time - I am focusing on one particular subject... Floristry!
OK, so I might have bought a new pencil case... Yes... Because I remember every year roundabout the time we had one or two weeks left of the Summer holidays, we'd get new pencil cases and prepare for our return! I am really looking forward to getting the chance to be more creative again, meeting new people - doing something that I waaaaant to do!
BUT, that is not to say I haven't been cooking...
Last weekend, I made these for my boyfriend and I, because I had been working on the Saturday and the Sunday was the only part of the weekend we really got to enjoy! So up I got in the morning, and baked the cookies I did.
These are divine, and was gone by sunset!
Soft Nutella Cookies
(Makes about 10)
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup nutella
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 cup chocolate chips (milk chocolate for this recipe)
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 200C.
- Now, cream the butter and sugar until soft, and then add the vanilla, egg and nutella.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, and then stir evenly out into the nutella batter until you have a sticky dough. Swirl through the chocolate chips, and stir until combined.
- Place baking paper on a tray, and use two tablespoons to shape rounds of cookie dough. The cookies will melt out a little bit, so don't put more than six cookies on each tray.
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for about 10 minutes until cooked through, but still soft. Serve will a glass of (almond) milk, and tuck in!
What is your absolute favourite cookie recipe?
This evening after work (I finished late, bleurgh) I made soup, then some breakfast cookies, and enjoyed a little glass of red. Perfect end to a work week before getting my back pack on tomorrow! Have you been up to much this week?