Tuesday 9 December 2014

Overnight Mocha Oats & Tiramisu Oatmeal

Like oatmeal? Then I would encourage you to check out the Oatmeal Artist's blog dedicated to the humble oats, showing you how much you can use it in!

Liiiiike this Mocha-flavoured overnight oats. If you like intense chocolate flavour, you're in for atreat, as the coffee in this brings out the cocoa goodness. Make it the evening before and enjoy this little number for breakfast! You can top it with some vanilla yogurt, chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or some sliced fruit. I decided to chop some banana to finish it off, yum!

Overnight Mocha Oats & Tiramisu Oatmeal
(Serves 1)

First time around, I had it topped with chopped banana. I love pairing banana and strong chocolatey goodness!

1 cup milk of choice (I used almond, making this vegan)
1/2 cup rolled oats
A pinch of salt
1/2 tsp instant coffee granules
1/3 tsp vanilla extract (or 1 tsp vanilla sugar)
1 tbsp cocoa powder

- Start by mixing all the dry ingredients in a bowl, and then add the milk, give it a good stir (or shake if storing it in a jar), and leave in the fridge overnight! It's as simple as that!

Enjoy topped with whatever you feel this will go well with, and indulge in this lovely little treat, I hope you like it as much as I did. Will make this again in the super near future for sure *smiles*

Additional for Tiramisu Oatmeal:
1/2 cup vanilla or soy yogurt
A few drops vanilla extract
1 or 2 drops rum essence
Mix these three ingredients well

Cocoa powder for dusting


So! If you make the porridge using the same ingredients, but making it warm, layer it in a bowl or glass, and between each layer have some of the yogurt, dust with cocoa powder, and repeat, et voilâ! Fancy breakfast two ways, whatever mood your in - because usually whatever mood would never say no to chocolate, right?


And speaking of serving things up in glasses and such, the other night, I made myself some mulled wine! I had these cute little mulled wine-bags that needed used, and so I did! I also added a cinnamon stick, sliced tangerine, and a little bit of raisins and nuts (Norwegian tradition, I don't know if other countries serve it with the currants and nuts...) It was lovely, and most certainly got me in a bit of a festive spirit, heater on, candles lit, and a starry sky above *smiles*


Recipe by yours truly,

- Jules

8 comments:

  1. I love this twist on regular oatmeal!! So yumm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ami :D A little bit of coffee definitely makes a difference :D Hope you like it ^ ^
      x

      Delete
  2. Tiramisu Oatmeal!! Genius, Jules!!
    I love how you served it in a wine glass. Very classy :) I am SO going to try this! Just the other day, I was wondering what else I could make with a a tiramisu spin on it so now I have the perfect recipe! I know my husband is going to love it :)

    About your Norwegian mulled wine - do you add the nuts to the glass? Do you fish them out and eat them or are they just for flavoring? I wish we could have a glass together... You and me in the kitchen together, I think that would a dangerous mix ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang girl, come on over! Hah, you are more than welcome any day - we could have mulled wine and spiced cookies and all would be swell! :)
      Everything tastes better when served in a wine glass... except maybe....nah actually everything :P Hah! I hope you like this, the mocha comes through really well, which I love ^ ^

      In the Norwegian mulled wine, we sort of add the nuts and currants right before serving, it's weird, but I have always known it to be like that, so that at the end, you have a little bit of munch at the end. It doesn't add anything as far as flavours go as far as I am aware ^ ^

      Delete
  3. Wow, luksus-havre!! :D Så godt det høres ut da.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mange takk :D Har litt for mye tid på morgenkvisten, haha :P x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Katrina! Doesn't beat the real deal of course, but it made for a lovely breaky regardless :) x

      Delete