Monday 17 June 2013

Texan Chocolate Cake

Or "Texas langpanne" as this recipe is originally called!
I went to an indoor barbecue birthday extravanganza at a colleague's on Saturday, and thought I should make something I could bring. And the result? This great chocolate cake that I found the recipe for on a nifty little Norwegian blog. I've been wanting to make for a while now, so this was a perfect opportunity. It turned out like a hybrid between a brownie and chocolate cake! It went down a treat *smiles*

There can't be a birthday and no cake, that simply isn't good enough!

Texan Chocolate Cake
(Cuts into about 25-30 slices, 220-185 calories each)


For the base:
200g light butter
200 ml water
4.5 dl sugar (about 400g)
4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
5 dl plain flour, about 500g
1 dl light soured cream, around 100-150ml

For the frosting:
100g cooking chocolate, I used 76%, mmmm!
100g light butter
2-3 tbsp water
100g icing sugar

- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.

- Start by making the base. In a small pot, melt butter, sugar and water together. Once melted, take it off the hob and add the cocoa powder.

- Stir in one egg at a time, using a which to get it all nice and smooth, no lumps!

- Then, sift in flour, and baking powder, once combined, add the soured cream, and stir well.

- Pour into a large cake pan, and cook for 40-45 minutes, until a butter knife of tooth pick comes out clean when pricking the cake. The cooking time depends on how big the cake tin is.


- Once baked, leave to cook for 30 minutes-1 hour, before making the frosting:
Melt the water and sugar for the frosting with a couple of tablespoons of water, take the mixture off the heat, and sift in the icing sugar. Stir until it's free of lumps and looks lovely and glossy. Spread it evenly over the cake, and decorate it you want!

It will keep in the fridge for at least 2-3 days!

I dug through some recipes, and suddenly, I came across this fitness test that a local gym who visited our work place did. Here are my results:

The "result column" is my personal score, and the "information" is what it ideally should be. As you can see, my BMI should be a bit higher, and that is what I have been working on for the last year now, but other than that I was healthy as can be physically, which I was really happy to hear!

I hope you have a great start to the new week!

Original source:
http://studenterhjemmet.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/lrdagstur.html

- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment