Fancy a little something for breakfast? I found a recipe how to make your very own barbeque beans - I hope you like them!
(Six small portions, 120 calories each)
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 onion, halved, then sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
1 tbsp either white- or red wine vinegar
1 tbsp heaped soft, brown sugar
400g tin pinto beans
400 ml tub passata
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (Vegetarian for veggie option)
Small bunch coriander, chopped
- Pour some oil into a medium sized saucepan and brown the onion. Then add the garlic and cook for a further minute. At this stage, I added a dash of balsamic glaze - because I can!
- Then, pour in the vinegar and add the sugar, and stir until the onions are slightly caramelised.
- Tip in the beans, passata, Worcestershire sauce and some seasoning (smoked pepper, chilli powder, salt & pepper etc.) Simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once it's bubbling away and have thickened slightly, stir through coriander.
- Serve on toast, on it's own... or on rice crackers - as above!