I haven't forgotten about the blog!
I have just been trying to make mental ends meet in terms of life-things, and thus blogging has been put aside. But worry not, I have been cooking! And I have a few new recipes up for you *smiles*
For a long time, I have been following Ella's blog, and the other day, I saw a recipe that I thought would be great for lunches at work.
And you know? I was right, this recipe worked out great!
(Serves 2-3, easy enough to double though!)
1 tbsp oil
2 closed garlic
150g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
2 red bell peppers, chopped or sliced
1 tsp chipotle spice
2 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
4 Spring onions, chopped
400g beans (I used borlotti)
Fresh coriander and chilli, chopped - for garnish
Brown rice to serve
For the lime and coconut cream:
50g coconut cream
Juice of 1/2 lime
For the guacamole:
1 avocado, mashed
1/3 green chilli, finely chopped
- Boil the rice as instructed on the packaging.
- Start by heating oil in pan and fry the garlic until fragrant, for about a minute, then add the mushrooms, soy sauce and spices.
- Whilst this is cooking, why now quickly whip up the coconut and lime cream?
- When the mushrooms are well cooked, add the red pepper, apple cider vinegar and beans and heat through properly, before swirling through the Spring onions.
- Now, you have some time to let the dish sit (you don't want to burn yourself! I always get super enthusiastic when dinner is ready and never learn my lesson, ouch!), and make the guacamole! It takes less than five minutes, and is absolutely best fresh!
- Divide the rice between bowls, and top with guacamole, cream and some chopped chilli and coriander if you like a bit of a kick!