Wednesday 2 December 2015

Carrot & Banana Bread

Carrot cake and banana bread are two of my favourite sweet bakes. I think it is because normally they are never TOO sweet, if you know what I mean?

Katrina of Warm Vanilla Sugar (yes, I am a massive fan!) posted up a recipe - carrot AND banana bread. I could not resist, and I am so glad I made it!

Carrot & Banana Bread
(Makes 1 loaf)


1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
2-3 ripe bananas, mashed
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup milk of choice, I used almond
1/3 cup sunflower oil
3 carrots, grated

- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.

- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, and then grease a loaf tin. Pour in the mixture, and in the oven it goes! Make sure not to open the door to the oven as banana breads have been known to collapse due to the change in temperature before it is baked through. Leave in the oven for 50- minutes.


- Take out and leave to chill (if you are patient enugh!) and serve whilst it is still warm. Remaining "carrana" bread makes for epic treat at work the next day, or perhaps even for breakfast? Don't mind if I do.... It's light and fluffy and works any time of the year!

This week a friend from work and I watched Mockingjay Part 2 and it did not disappoint!
Also, I have not been a fan of putting up a christmas tree before 23rd December (tradition in my family in Norway), but last weekend I bought a christmas tree and his name is Gerrard? Why? Well... Gerrard because the name came up upon purchasing him, and the buying of the tree itself because I want to make the most of the festive month over here this year before I go over to visit my family. I haven't seen them in a whole year, so it will be amazing to see them again!
I am in a room surrounded by poinsettia, a christmas mouse, straw billy goats courtesy of Ikea, string and wine cork deer, Gerrard the christmas tree and some paper chains I made.... It's happening!

I hope you are having a great start to a new month! Have you got any plans for the coming weekend? I have today off, so I will meet a friends for coffee and later - improvise!

Have a wonderful day! x


Original source:
http://warmvanillasugar.com/2015/07/17/carrot-banana-bread/

- Jules

6 comments:

  1. I have actually been meaning to make this recipe as well!!! This looks so good, I think you have convinced me to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah neat! You should, the recipe is so simple to make, and the bread is super fluffy :D x

      Delete
  2. I cannot wait to see mockingjay part 2! it sounds so awesome :P

    This loaf looks great too--carrot + banana sounds like a tasty and healthy combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those movies!
      And thank you so much! I really like fruit loaves, always hits the spot :) x

      Delete
  3. Så spennende å kombinere banan og gulrot her. Det blir jo helt sikkert veldig godt, og veldig saftig! Og det luktet nok veeeldig godt når det ble bakt ;)
    Her i huset pyntes også juletreet den 23. Heldigvis får all annen julepynt komme frem mye tidligere :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh ja,samme her, alt det andre av pynt har kommet frem nå :) Håper jeg får jakte på juletre når jeg besøker Norge :)

      Tror både du og lille S hadde likt dette brødet! Perfekt når som helt på dagen :) Eplesaus istedenfor egg? x

      Delete