Tuesday 13 January 2015

Crumbly Oat & Cranberry Cookies

Oat macaroons is one of the infamous "seven kinds" in Norway to make for this festive season, I decided to put a bit of a spin on it, and so these came to be!

I swapped the butter for coconut oil, which means the dough will be a little sweeter and contain plenty of healthy fats, and then instead of water and sugar, I swapped it for agave - but you can also use maple syrup. I thought that I'd use cranberries instead of raisins as well, as I simply love the colour of them, and they're at least as delicious as their not too distant berry cousin, so...there's that!

Crumbly Oat & Cranberry Cookies
(Makes 7-8 small ones)


1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup (spelt) flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp maple- or agave syrup
A good handful and a bit of dried cranberries

- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.

- Mix all the ingredients together well and stir to combine, making sure that the coconut oil isn't lumpy (optionally melt it a little before mixing it in).

- Shape little walnut-sized balls with your hands and place on a baking tray with baking paper, and bake them in the middle of the oven for 12-15 minutes. Cool on a rack before serving.


So far this week, I have been up at 6am so that I had enough time to get ready for the opening at work. Chilling like a villain in the evening, reading a Norwegian crime book (makes a change from fantasy fiction!), I hope you have had a good week so far, been up to much? x


Recipe by yours truly inspired by these.
http://julesthenorweegie.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/havremakroner-med-rosiner-oat-macaroons.html

- Jules

10 comments:

  1. Yum! Love the look of these cookies! I love how there is not too many ingredients. I need to start using my coconut oil again!
    Opening at work, eh? That sounds like fun! My week has been busy so far, but I get my one chilling day today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathleen! When you see a recipe that only contains a handful of ingredients, you just want to make it straight away right? That was how I felt about these anyway :) And coconut oil makes most biscuits super crumbly :D
      Third day of opening the cafê. but it's gone really well :D I hope you enjoyed your day of chin-chilling to the max :) xx

      Delete
  2. Those look delicious! Cookies are always great with coconut oil. I like cranberries too, much better than raisins :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey cheers! Dried cranberries just have that bit of an edge to them yeh? Sometimes I find raisins can be a little bit too sweet, but I love them anyway as well :P This just made for a more Wintery version :) I hope to veganify a few other recipes in the future :) x

      Delete
  3. These look yummy!! And healthy too! I may have to give them a try!


    Anyhoo, I found your blog through a fellow blogger, and just thought I would stop by and say hi! It would totally make my day if you did the same... or better yet, keep in touch!! <3 - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gingi - thank you so much for stopping by :)

      This is the perfect healthy snack if you are craving cookies, and so easy to make yourself as well :) They're done in a flash!

      I hope you have a lovely evening xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope we can keep in touch!! <3 - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

      Delete
  4. Så spennende vri på havremakroner! Det er alltid kjekt å kunne sunnifisere gamle oppskriftet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe ja ikke sant? Disse var gode, og tranebær er jo bare helt supert :D God torsdag! x

      Delete