Beans in brownie you say?
But whyever not I say!
Black Bean Brownie
(Approxmately a 20-25 cm tin or dish, 190 calories if you cut it into 24 pieces)
1 tin of black beans
About 200-250 ml water
250 g wholemeal flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla sugar, or a few drops of vanilla extract
350 g sugar
200 g cocoa powder
3 tsp coffee powder
250 g chopped hazelnuts (or leave some of them whole for a right good crunch!)
- Turn the oven up to 175°C.
- Drain and rinse the beans in some water. Pour them into a bowl along with water and whizz until smooth.
- Now, add everything except the nuts, and mix well. Finally, stir in the hazelnuts. If you think the mixture is a little too thick, add a bit more water.
- Oil the cake-tin or dish, and evenly spread the mixture into it.
- Pop the cake into the oven for 25-30 minutes, it is actually that easy!