Friday, 11 October 2013

Sweet Tater Tots

After having been to the dentist and relieved that I didn't have to have any work done (this time at least....) I figured I might as well treat myself to a little something! I love pub snacks, and these fit the bill, except they're super healthy!
I used the purple sweet potato I bought over the weekend, only to find that when I peeled it, it was white underneath! If you use normal sweet potato, these will be perfect halloween snacks. As for me, I reckon they'd be a perfect snack at any time, and any day!

Sweet Tater Tots
(Serves 1, about 220 calories without dipping sauce as it may vary)

For some reason, I have this image of wooden mice - Don't worry though, they're definitely not! Hehe, nice and crisp on the outside and soft in the middle....

1 small sweet potato (about 100g when peeled), thinly sliced and micro diced!
1 small egg
1 tbsp wholemeal flour
20g wholemeal breadcrumbs
1/3 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
Ketchup, or sweet chilli sauce to serve

- Start by pre-heating your oven, to 200ºC, boil up water before preparing the sweet potato. Thinly slice it and then cut it into tiiiny dice. Steam for a few minutes until tender, then set aside to cool.

- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small baking bowl, before tipping in the sweet potato and mix well. Shape them into little tater tots and set on a baking paper clad tray, bake for about 20 minutes until cooked and slightly crispy, turn after 15 minutes to get them nice and golden all around!

- Serve with sauces for dipping, and enjoy!


Original source:
http://rdeliciouskitchen.wordpress.com/2013/10/07/sweetpotato-baked-tater-tots/

- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment