Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Quinoa Pizza Bites

It's been a few days since I last posted something, so I thought it was about time I got a new recipe up!

This is something I made for breakfast on Saturday morning, tasty!

Quinoa Pizza Bites
(Makes 12, about 50-60 calories each)



1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
1 large egg
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (I used 30g leftover mozzarella)
1 tsp garlic, 1-2 cloves, finely chopped
1-2 tsp basil
1-2 tsp oregano
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Salsa sauce for dipping (I made a small portion of homemade salsa)

- Boil up 1 cup of water, and add to a small pot with the quinoa. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the quinoa has softened. Take off the heat, the water should all be absorbed. (for extra flavour on the quinoa, add a little stock, about 1/2 cube of your choice, to the water)

- Pre-heat your oven to 180ºC, and mix all the ingredients -except from the salsa of course, in a bowl. Oil a cupcake tray, or moulds and divide the mixture between them, you should get 12 small ones out of the mixtuture.

- Place them in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes. In the meantime, you can prepare your own salsa if you're making it from scratch! Once the pizza bites are done, let them cool slightly, run a knife or a spoon gently around the edges before removing them from the tray/moulds.



Serve with salsa, barbeque sauce, or experiment and see what you come up with! A great snack, and a great source of protein!

.....If you're in a bit more of a hurry in the mornings though, I thought I would suggest one of my guilty pleasure snacks, and I might actually have this for lunch at work today come to think of it!



Yup, I'm not even joking, this combination is deliiiicious! One day I had run out of foods in work, and I found a small tin of beans and a packet of small Snack'a'Jacks with sour cream and chive. I heated the beans and spooned a little bit of the beans on top of the rice snack, and my oh my! I've had it a fair share of time since then! It has to be the small Snack'a'Jacks though, otherwise, it doesn't taste as good, don't ask me why, hehe!

Hope you all have a great day!

Original source:
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3089673/quinoa-pizza-bites

- Jules

2 comments:

  1. Dette så veldig godt ut! :) Tror du at det vil fungere å f.eks bruke to eggehviter i stedet for ett egg? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hei du! Skal ikke se bortifra det, egg setter seg når de er i ovnen! Dette er en oppskrift som sikkert er veldig grei og eksperimentere litt med. Kan og has på tallerken istedenfor poteter, ris og lignende.
      Men ja, prøv deg frem med to eggehviter istedenfor, så kan du jo gi meg en lyd hvordan det gikk :D Det jeg vil anbefale derimot, er og ha litt buljong i vannet som du koker quinoaen i, gjorde det og går og ble mye mer smak på det!
      Ha en finfin dag :D x

      Delete